Sterling by Music Man AX40 Axis Guitar in Trans Gold
This guitar is a second-hand Sterling AX40 by Music Man. It is in great condition, it was bought brand new less than a year ago and hasn't seen a lot of use. Only some very small signs of wear and tear, small scratches that can only be seen under a certain light! See pictures for condition. Includes carry case and tremolo arm.
If you have any questions regarding this product, please feel free to contact us! Call us on 07889488407 or 0161 627 0614.
Sterling by Music Man AX40 Guitar in Trans Gold with Trem
If you're after a guitar that looks and sounds unique, is full of character, but doesn't compromise on tone or playability to get there, check out a Music Man. The Axis series brings together a stylish Basswood body with flame maple top with a modern, asymmetrical neck that allows an extra-fast setup on the high strings without fretting-out the lower strings. Perfect for playing in any style.
This model is fitted with a double locking tremolo, with only one small chamber in the body for the electronics to ensure maximum resonance and warmth.
Here's what Music Man say about the AX40
Axis of Tone! This version of the AX guitar uses a Sterling Double Locking Tremelo bridge and locking nut. The bridge is mounted on top of the body for a stable platform to rest your picking hand without tuning warbles. The easy to use tremolo has fine tuners, and an adjustable arm for loose or tight arm tension. The locking nut matches the fingerboard radius and offers excellent tuning stability. 2 humbuckers are mounted directly to the body without mounting rings for better depth of tone. The 3 way switch offers, bridge, bridge and neck combined and neck pickup positions. The center position is very versatile and offers a single coil vibe with more output and lo noise.
- Size: 12-5/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 36-1/4" long (32.1 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 92.0 cm long)
- Weight: 7 lbs, 4 oz (3.29 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Basswood with bookmatched figured maple or rosewood top
- Body Finish: High gloss polyester
- Body Colors: Back and Sides - Opaque Black
- Body Bindings: Binding - Cream
- Bridge: Music Man Floyd Rose licensed locking tremolo with fine tuners; lowers pitch only
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius: 10" (25.4 cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long
- Frets: 22 - High profile, medium width
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-3/16" (55.6 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select maple neck
- Fingerboard: Select maple and rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard - Natural
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6LA with pearl buttons
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: 500kohm volume pot
- Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector
- Pickups: HH - 2 DiMarzio custom humbucking